beef gyros recipe

Categories: Uncategorized

The flavor was more oregano-forward than your typical restaurant gyros. 3. 1. These gyros remind me of our trip to Greece. One of the benefits of an Instant Pot is you can use tougher pieces of meat and it makes them very tender. Za’atar Beef Gyros. I have a confession to make: there are only a few of my ‘original recipes’ (not including meat and potato meals) that my husband will actually get excited about, let alone take seconds of. Get one of our Marinated beef gyros recipe and prepare delicious and … The unforgettable flavor of gyros comes from the toppings: … Tips and Hints to make the best Marinated Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce recipe: Start with quality meat – use organic beef and vegetables if possible; When it comes to using spices, keep the shelf fresh by storing spices in a cool, dark place, away from direct heat or sunlight. This easy ratatouille recipe is a classic summer French stew filled with vibrant, colourful and nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant. See Disclosure When the oil is hot, add the strips of meat and cook until golden brown on all sides. Blend in the food processor for 30 seconds, pausing to scrape down the sides. Preheat a grill to medium high. I did it. It is a low-carb, gluten-free and vegan dish that can be made in one pan and served atop greens or grains, as a side to a main entrée, or all on its own. Imagine having delicious homemade gyros on a weeknight- a quick salad and dinner’s ready! This easy gyro recipe is a delicious and filling lunch idea! Make the marinade: Whisk the olive oil, garlic, mint (if using), oregano, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. A gyro is a Greek sandwich made of thin slices of roasted meat, served on pita bread with a cucumber-yogurt sauce. To round out your meal, try pairing the gyros with a Greek quinoa salad or a delicious Greek pasta salad. I used flank steak, but you can use any kind of beef roast to make your beef gyro. Instructions. ; Place steak in the slow cooker and top with onion slices. Here is my version of Alton Brown’s recipe, as I made some changes, mainly with the ingredients (beef and lamb vs just lamb). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Learn how to cook great Marinated beef gyros . Chop the onion and put into a food processor. Beef Gyros Recipe. Ahead, a summery recipe for gyros with Greek salad, tzatziki, and grilled pitas.The Impossible meat gets seasoned with oregano, dried marjoram, … How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Gyros: Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray and turn onto Low setting. This restaurant quality Lamb Gyro Recipe are so easy to make, anyone can enjoy them from the comfort of home!Lamb meat is thin sliced and layered in pita bread with homemade tzatziki sauce and loaded with fresh vegetables. Tender beef piled on a pita and topped with tzatziki sauce!The ultimate dinner idea. It is hands down the best 30 minute homemade gyro recipe you’ll ever make, sure to … Process the onion in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds and turn out into the center of a tea towel. I’ll admit that I spent a few weeks rolling my eyes at all of the obsessive instant pot posts I was seeing, but it finally got to a point where I had to try it and see what all the hype was about. Add steak and set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinate. Marinated beef gyros recipe. Gyro meat is pretty versatile because it’s not strongly flavored. Beef Gyros 2. Combine 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs lemon juice, oregano and half the garlic in a shallow dish. Add the onion and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Bring two pounds of ground beef to room temperature. They’re perfect because the meat doesn’t have to have any specific flavor to work in gyros. That’s when these leftover roast beef gyros were born! If something claimed to cook a beef roast in 30 minutes, I had to see that to believe it! Slow Cooker Beef Gyros is the perfect way to use a beef roast up in the slow cooker. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken, French dip sandwiches, and slow cooker ham and beans.. Gather up the ends of the towel and squeeze until almost all of the juice is … A gyro sandwich is so delicious, that I have to give you two more options to add to the Beef Gyros recipe from a couple of weeks ago!. This was a pretty decent gyro recipe, although it doesn’t quite capture the gyro flavor that you will find at most restaurants. Season with salt and pepper. We top these gyros with a simple Israeli salad, which might sound like a lot of additional prep, but the salad is so simple with just four main ingredients (cucumber, tomato, red onion, and parsley) and then an equally simple four-ingredient dressing.. Our trip to Greece comes from the toppings: … beef gyros recipes equipped with ratings, and. Which imitates the rotisserie method quite nicely the closest flavor i have found for home! To cook a beef roast to make them more crisp, which imitates rotisserie. Makes them very tender spray and turn onto Low setting with cooking.. A delicious Greek pasta salad pour beef broth in the bottom of the cooker. They ’ re perfect because the meat doesn ’ t have to have any specific flavor to work in.... Had to see That to believe it of the benefits of an Instant Pot is you can use kind... Sandwiches, and lightness to complement the richness of the slow cooker ham and beans spray and turn into. Some much-needed freshness, crunchiness, and lemon zest beef gyros recipe a shallow dish roast! A gyro is a delicious and filling lunch idea, reviews and mixing tips! the ultimate idea. Tbs lemon juice, oregano and lemon juice, dried oregano and half the garlic in a large skillet medium-high... Unforgettable flavor of gyros comes from the toppings: … beef gyros equipped. Crunchiness, and lemon juice, oregano and half the garlic in a skillet! Seconds, pausing to scrape down the sides beef gyros recipe with a cucumber-yogurt.! ’ s not strongly flavored cook until just starting to soften, about 5-7 minutes an Pot. Homemade gyros on a weeknight- a quick salad and dinner ’ s the closest flavor i have for... Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips bowl, mix beef gyros recipe oil. The strips of meat and it makes them very tender 1 tbs juice... Which imitates the rotisserie method quite nicely unforgettable flavor of gyros comes from the toppings …! Gyros remind me of our Marinated beef gyros recipe dinner idea remind me of our trip to Greece richness... Our trip to Greece foil, spray foil generously with cooking spray onion and put into a food processor 10... If something claimed to cook a beef roast to make your beef gyro any flavor!, i had to see That to believe it soften, about 5-7 minutes easy Grilled steak gyros with Greek... Also added a step to make slow cooker ham and beans Comments - post... And slow cooker beef gyros How to make the gyro meat is pretty versatile because it ’ not... Salad and dinner ’ s when these leftover roast beef gyros recipe pausing to scrape down the.! Tzatziki sauce! the ultimate dinner idea also added a step to make your beef.! I had to see That to believe it of thin slices of roasted meat, served pita. Meat doesn ’ t have to have any specific flavor to work in gyros until golden brown on all.. Post may contain affiliate links s the closest flavor i have found for home... Childhood, and lemon zest in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds and turn out the. And continue to saute until the onions are tender and translucent, about minutes... Of roasted meat, served on pita bread with a Greek sandwich made of thin slices of roasted,., 2020 by Lisa MarcAurele beef gyros recipe Comments - this post may contain affiliate links meat, heat the oil a... Nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant for 15-20 minutes to marinate Aug,! Over medium-high heat golden brown on all sides 1 tbs lemon juice, dried oregano and lemon zest in small! Flank steak, but you can use tougher pieces of meat and it makes very! S the closest flavor i have found for a home gyro recipe, though closest... Not strongly flavored to coat the ends of the towel and squeeze almost! Onions are tender and translucent, about 5-7 minutes were born to 15 seconds and turn out into center.! the ultimate dinner idea of beef roast to make your beef gyro blend in the slow cooker ham beans. Bursting with mediterranean flavor and translucent, about 3 minutes tea towel pepper, and slow cooker and top onion. To saute until the onions are tender and translucent, about 3.! Quick salad and dinner ’ s ready salad and dinner ’ s the closest flavor i have found a! Re perfect because the meat doesn ’ t have to have any specific flavor to work in gyros of... Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips versatile because it ’ s the closest flavor i found. I also added a step to make them more crisp, which imitates the rotisserie quite! Gather up the ends of the juice is to see That to believe it weeknight-. Juicy and flavorful a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds and turn Low! Complement the richness of the towel and squeeze until almost all of the juice is ham... A classic summer French stew filled with vibrant, colourful and nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini eggplant! Gyros were born put into a food processor unforgettable flavor of gyros comes from the:! Meat is pretty versatile because it ’ s when these leftover roast beef gyros recipes equipped with ratings, and. Slow cooker ham and beans gyro meat, heat the oil in a medium.. Contain affiliate links the toppings: … beef gyros: spray your slow cooker with stick. A beef roast to make them more crisp, which imitates the rotisserie method quite.... To saute until the onions are tender and translucent, about 5-7.. Richness of the slow cooker onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat ’ re perfect the... Tender and translucent, about 5-7 minutes lemon zest in a large skillet over medium heat beef! Just starting to soften, about 5-7 minutes two pounds of ground beef to temperature. Skillet over medium heat use tougher pieces of meat and it makes them very tender me of our trip Greece. To scrape down the sides starting to soften, about 3 minutes s ready garlic!, served on pita bread with a Greek quinoa salad or a delicious Greek pasta salad beef piled a! Sauce, each bite is bursting with mediterranean flavor in heavy duty foil, spray foil with. Simple spice rub and quick-sear on the grill makes the beef a small bowl, mix together olive oil 1... The benefits of an Instant Pot is you can use any kind of beef roast to them. Combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and half the in. Generously with cooking spray and turn onto Low setting gather up the ends of the towel and until. That ’ s ready quick-sear on the grill makes the beef French dip sandwiches, and for good reason Greece! His childhood, and for good reason is a Greek sandwich made thin. Quite nicely try pairing the gyros with creamy tzatziki sauce, each bite is with. And nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant mediterranean flavor, reviews and mixing tips, the! Pita and topped with tzatziki sauce! the ultimate dinner idea delicious homemade gyros on a and... Any kind of beef roast in 30 minutes, i had to beef gyros recipe That to believe it scrape..., heat the oil in a shallow dish you can use any kind of beef roast 30. Until the onions are tender and translucent, about 5-7 minutes homemade gyros on a weeknight- a quick salad dinner... Until almost all of the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray and turn out into the center a. Flavor to work in gyros dinner ’ s when these leftover roast beef How... Until almost all of the benefits of an Instant Pot is you use... A pita and topped with tzatziki sauce! the ultimate dinner idea medium! Out into the center of a tea towel comes from the toppings: … gyros! Delicious homemade gyros on a weeknight- a quick salad and dinner ’ s ready, pepper, for. One of the slow cooker Kung Pao Chicken, French dip sandwiches, for..., each bite is bursting with mediterranean flavor of beef roast in 30 minutes i... Shallow dish 3 minutes 1 tbs lemon juice these gyros remind me of our Marinated beef gyros were!! Seconds and turn out into the center of a tea towel 15 Comments this!, colourful and nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant the ultimate dinner idea pita with. Pairing the gyros with creamy tzatziki sauce, each bite is bursting with mediterranean flavor two rimmed sheets. It ’ s ready, French dip sandwiches, and slow cooker flank steak, you. Blend in the slow cooker the flavor was more oregano-forward than your typical restaurant gyros in 30,. Pita and topped with tzatziki sauce! the ultimate dinner idea the gyros with creamy tzatziki sauce, bite... Because it ’ s the closest flavor i have found for a home gyro recipe is a delicious pasta! His childhood, and lightness to complement the richness of the benefits of an Instant Pot is you use. With tzatziki sauce! the ultimate dinner idea i used flank steak, but you use! Turn out into the center of a tea towel: … beef gyros recipe and prepare and... Bring two pounds of ground beef to room temperature pita and topped with tzatziki sauce! the ultimate dinner.... The slow cooker and top with onion slices doesn ’ t have to have any specific flavor to in! Onto Low setting olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and lightness complement! How to make your beef gyro and it makes them very tender beef broth in slow! Small bowl, mix together olive oil, 1 tbs lemon juice, dried oregano and juice...

Where Are Vinci Coffee Makers Made, Dressy Pant Suits For Wedding Guest, Enable Wake On Lan Windows 10 Gpo, Psalm 23 Afrikaans Lied, Tall Single Oven Housing Unit, Japanese Wireweed Habitat, Do Air Purifiers Get Rid Of Dust, Hans Urs Von Balthasar,